Boredom doesn’t stand a chance in the summer holidays, the children’s programme on Salzburger Sonnenterrasse makes sure of that. From the start of July to the beginning of September there are things happening virtually every day. Only nominal fees are payable for various tours, activities and excursions, with registration requested by midday the day before. Included among the summer holiday highlights:
- Everything about the pony – with riding lessons, hack rides and horse care
- Sports week with TSU St. Veit
- Hike to the “Schöne Aussicht” including a picnic
- Pottery with Rita Kössner
- Visit to the organic farm
- Discover the sport of ‘Bike Trial’ with Thomas Klausner
- Mint summer week – Fun and games with robotics, experiments, nature and technology
- Natural adventures in the wood with the ‘forest ants’ – Arge Waldameisen
- Excursion to Geisterberg in St. Johann-Alpendorf
Winter adventures for all the family
Several exciting ski areas await around Salzburger Sonnenterrasse for a shared family adventure. Get started right in the town, after all St. Veit im Pongau has a separate practice slope. The Astenlift has a short ski run for beginners and is therefore an ideal starting point to enjoy winter fun and is free to use. Here is a little snippet of the wintry highlights for your next family holiday in Pongau:
Tobogganing fun: There is a short toboggan run for all the family at the Astenlift ancillary ski slope – perfect for a pinch of action in Salzburger Sonnenterrasse!
Ice-skating: enjoy smooth ice skating here at the rink in Schwarzach. There is always fun in store at this floodlit facility.
Cross-country skiing: Children who are a little bit older and teenagers get to discover this fine, Nordic sport for themselves. The range of beginner-friendly trails and course for all ability levels is impressive.
Horse-drawn carriage ride: Wrapped up in thick blankets, a ride in a carriage pulled by horses through the towns in Salzburger Sonnenterrasse. Deeply snow-covered winter landscapes are welcome companions.
Snow-shoe hiking: On soft soles over unexplored paths, enjoying magical views: snow-shoe hiking is a somewhat different way to explore the region. With a bit of luck you might even spot a few animals; a magical experience.